8150 West 185th Street (Suite G)
Tinley Park, IL 60487
P: (708) 596-4455
F: (708) 904-4175
Project: Presence Resurrection Hospital Parking Garage
Presence Resurrection Medical Center serves many communities on the Northwest side of Chicago. In addition, the hospital offers many outpatient, rehabilitation and support services as well. These services, along with the many medical students on campus, greatly strains the available parking in its main parking structure. The heavy usage, along with years of weather related deterioration, caused this precast double tee deck to require shoring at multiple locations on every one of its four levels. For this reason, the hospital realized a major restoration project would be required to bring this parking structure back from the brink.
J. Gill and Company was awarded the $5.3M contract in March of 2016 and work was completed in November of 2017. The exposed roof levels of the garage were at an advanced state of deterioration and required removal and replacement of over 25K SF of precast flanges located along the precast double tee joints. These repairs required shoring and re-shoring to support the framing for the full depth replacement. A vehicular traffic coating system was then installed to protect the new concrete repairs. Other repairs include:
· Wall, column & beam repairs
· Column strengthening by increasing the column size at 39 locations
· Double tee stem repairs and encasements
· New expansion joints
· Vehicular traffic coating and sealer
· Sealant replacement
· Door and frame replacement at stair towers
· Installation of new precast stairs and landings in the garage stair towers
· New vehicular traffic barrier cable system
· New steel handrails at all ramps
· Replacement of a deteriorated 60’ long precast tee stem with a new composite steel beam.
· Plumbing and Electrical Repairs & Upgrades
The newly repaired parking structure now allows for additional, much needed, parking at this very busy hospital. The challenging parking coordination requirements required constant communication and attention to detail. The efforts of Resurrection’s project team and J.Gill brought this successful project in on-time and on-budget.